They set me up in a room, and I got an epidural pretty quick after I was there, which I was SO grateful for! I would definitely recommend getting one and will get it again if I have the option! We had a good experience with the anesthesiologist. After this had set in place, my doctor came in and broke my water to help get my contractions going. He found that there was meconium in it, (which is the baby's first bowel movement). So they had to run alot of fluid through my IV to help clear that out of inside me to help prevent him from swallowing it. After a few hours of just laying here not feeling too much pain, they decided that we were going to have to have a C-Section because my contractions were just not consistent enough to get me fully dilated. (I had been stuck at 5 cm for a few hours, which is longer than they like to see). They tried giving a small dose of petocin to get contractions going, but it really stressed him out heart rate wise, so they had to stop it really quickly.
We had a C-Section scheduled for 3:30 pm, which I had been mentally preparing for all day, because I came into the labor planning on vaginal delivery always. Right before they were going to set me up for the surgery, the nurse said "lets just check again really quick to see how far dilated you are, just for the fun of it." She checked, and I was fully dilated to 10cm! So they made a really fast change of plans and decided to try and deliver me vaginally. The doctor had to give me an episiotomy because in order to deliver him vaginally he would have to be pushed out fast because of the stress he had during contractions. After about 15-20 minutes I pushed him out fully, and he did have the cord wrapped once around his neck. The doctor cut this off right away, and Tyson was good to go!
It was so emotional and so exhilirating to see TJ for the first time. It seemed so surreal! It took a while for Steve & I to fully realize that he was really ours. When they took him to the nursery to get him cleaned up, they did have to put an IV in his hand to put some fluids in him to make up for him having the cord wrapped around his neck. This was nothing serious though, and he is such a healthy and strong baby!
We love our new baby son so much and he is, of course, the cutest baby out there! New parents aren't biased at all, though, right? :) He is wonderful and we love him! Thanks to everyone for your prayers and thoughts all day on Monday and since then! We are sure everything worked out and went so well thanks to all the prayers said in our behalf! We appreciate all the calls, thoughts, visits, and love for us! We can't wait for everyone to meet our newest family member! He is great.






15 comments:
Brittany and Steve congratulations. He is adorable and it is funny how all the pre-delivery stress goes away so fast when they finally arrive. Good luck with the next few weeks and seriously, if you need to get out of the house or need someone to drop by dinner let me know - if you're in Cedar I'm not far away and I'd love to help!
Congrats you guys! I'm so excited for you and you're going to be such great parents! He's beautiful and I can't wait to see more pictures of him!
yay!! Brittany- I have so many questions for you!! Get on facebook so I can talk to you!! hahaha, he is a cute baby though:) Congrats!
Yeah!!! He is here. I bet you are loving it. How exciting. I am so glad that everying went alright. I am right behind you. Well, a few months. Oh, and Happy Birthday Steven. I knew it was around Thanksgiving. Have fun with the new baby.
Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys. Let me know if I can do anything for you. He is darling. Love ya! :)
Congratulations! He's so cute. It's always so funny to see how big those newborn diapers are on brand new babies. Labor sounds like it wasn't the greatest, but I'm glad everything turned out okay! He's adorable and seriously- YOU LOOK SO GOOD! It's really not fair. :) Good luck with things and have fun being parents! It's the best job out there!
Sounds like things are good today and Steve is even hitting some sales--way to have energy! Hope your Thanksgiving feast is wonderful today! That little Tyson is absolutely adorable. I'm so glad I got to cuddle with him; he made my Thanksgiving! We love you guys and we'll keep praying for your changes in the next coming weeks!
he is so adorable! congratulations!...im so bummed that i didnt get to come visit, but i think it was better (i ended up really sick last night, with the flu). I can't wait to see him, hopefully soon!
Wow that whole labor and delivery thing didn't sound like much fun at all! But I'm glad he is here....and adorable!
I'm glad we were able to see him. So cute. I loved it yesterday when his eyes were all open. Funny, but I keep thinking of him as Baby Joel. I guess because we were thinking of that name before we knew what we were having. Anyway, I'm glad to see that you are doing so well so far as a mother.
Oh my goodness! Congratulations! What a handsome baby boy!! I am so happy for the two of you. What a fun new little gift for the holidays :) I hope that everything continues to go well for you. Congratulations again!
This is Misty Canfield from good ol' Hurricane High by the way :)
Congratulations! There is absolutely nothing in this world like a new baby. Lincoln had his cord wrapped around his neck twice. I was a breath away from a C-section, but nobody ever told me until after he was delivered (vaginally). I am glad everyone is happy and healthy. Lincoln and shaunie share a birthday and i think it's really fun.
what a hansome little guy you have!!! Congratz to the three of you!!
Congratulations! I was so happy to read that everything turned out well. Your baby is absolutely beautiful! I hope you recover quickly. Best wishes from the Cates
Brittany!!!!
Congratulations! I haven't checked blogs for a while, as you can see by the fact that I am JUST finding out you had your little guy! He is absolutely PERFECT and darling! I LOVE his name too! You look INCreDIBLe! how fun to share birthdays too! Congratulations! I hope you are all doing well!
Post a Comment