My sister Emily is leaving on her mission to Lima, Peru next week! I am so proud of her decision to serve a mission! She has always been one of my closest friends so I will miss her a lot of course, but I am really excited for her to get to experience Peru for a year and a half and share the gospel with those people there! I am grateful for her desire to share the truths of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints! Even though I didn't serve a mission, I have a strong testimony of the importance of missionary work and sharing what we know and believe with others! The gospel is such a source of strength and happiness in my life.

Family pic of all the Ruesch clan there (just missing Bill & Amy's families!) And missing Heber because he was having his first long nap for the day.
On Sunday we all gathered for Emily's farewell talk. It was good to have all the family around and see a lot of extended family!

Family pic of all the Ruesch clan there (just missing Bill & Amy's families!) And missing Heber because he was having his first long nap for the day.
"Stay away boys...I am leaving and you will not stop me from serving my mission!"

















2 comments:
missions rock! sister missionaries rock! Good luck to your sista. make sure you write her a ton!
Good for her!
Adam served in the same mission...he absolutely LOVED it and has some great stories~
I was looking through all your pics and i can't believe you have TWO boys, I mean, I already knew this-but it hit me how fast time goes by! they are so cute.
Post a Comment