Thursday, December 23, 2010

"Ho ho ho merry Christmas!"

Thats what T.J. says whenever he sees anything Christmas-y.

He loves all the Christmas decorations and everything, but the real Santas have scared him so far. I'm not really surprised, to a 2 year old such a big red man with a loud booming voice would be pretty intimidating! Throughout the season I have asked him if he wanted to sit on Santa's lap, and every time his answer has been a furious head-shake "no." Santa came to our ward party and it was the same answer. So I took T.J. up to the front of the long line of kids (naturally assuming all he would do is watch all the other kids sit on his lap).

So you can imagine my surprise when I looked up right when we got there and there on Santa's lap was T.J. Yes, he butted in front of the 20 kids (which was my fault but unintentional) and sat happily on his lap.

I'm not sure what did it, but I think it was the candy cane at the end. That and this Santa was a mild Santa, not as loud and scary as some he has seen.



We couldn't let Heber's first chance to sit on Santa's lap pass him by. :)

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

kristin said...

cute! and, that is exactly what lydia says with everything christmas-y too! i am loving it!

merry christmas!

Snowwhite said...

Funny! I'm surprised too.