Monday, April 12, 2010

Day at the Ranch

We went to Hurricane over the weekend so that Steve and some of my brothers could spend the night at the ranch, and get a little work done out there. They branded 2 calves and probably did some other random things. My dad's cattle ranch is on the Arizona strip. Then on Saturday the rest of us (mostly wives and kids) went out to meet them and to cook a dutch oven dinner out there. Thanks to mostly Steve and my mom (and maybe I helped a little too in the preparation, and so did my sister in laws) we were able to enjoy some yummy dutch oven potatoes and chicken!
Steve loved being able to drive around my dad's Terex.. and T.J. enjoyed going for a little ride too!


Good picture here....Steve's Wrangler butt. Yes he was happy about this picture. (he's on the left).

T.J. was OBSESSED with playing in all of the trucks and vehicles we drove out there. I don't know if this is a normal obsession for kids of his age, but he throws the biggest fits when we pull him out of the cars when he is playing in them.

What a little stud! :) He loved getting dirty all day at the ranch.
Bella holding a little jack rabbit that the guys caught.

Watching the men brand the 2 calves. T.J. learned what real cows sound like, it was so funny listening to him imitate them!

Steve likes being a cowboy :)
Steve and Gabe

These were taken during the morning hours after the camp out. Steve made a dutch oven "mountain man" breakfast. Pretty sunrise.

4 comments:

Kroffs said...

It looks like Steve has a little of the Clegg farmer blood in him.

Southern Belle said...

I love how you say holding the little jack rabbit and it looks like you are eating it with a fork!! hahah... Tj is so stinkin cute!!

Megan said...

Maybe it's the cowgirl in me but I love this post. I am glad TJ is obsessed with cars and tractors and trucks. It's so super cute!

The Jones Family said...

I love TJ's obsession with cars! So cute!