Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cute things T.J. does lately

  • Says “bumpa” for Temple every time we drive past our church building
  • Loves eating green vegetables: canned green beans are his favorite, but also likes broccoli etc.
  • Obsessed with playing in the car. He could play for hours in the car I think. (He just climbs around the chairs and pushes the buttons on the radio/around the steering wheel.)
  • Is starting to say a lot of words. People he says: “Mama or mommy, Ga-ga (which is da-da), Ma-ma for Grandma, Bam-pa for Grandpa, Mee mee for Amy, Nannah for Hannah, Ay for Heidi, and a bunch more just not as frequently)
  • Words he says: “no no no” (he has been saying this a lot lately really randomly) He makes most of the animal noises that I know to teach him, “yock” for rock, “sss” for Cheese, “Pepp-o” for pepper, “App-o” for Apple, “bay-bee!” for baby, and really so many that I can’t name them all. He is really talking a lot though. Oh, when Steve and I say “I love ___” he will fill in the blank with “you!” or “Ga-ga!” or “Mama” (which is either mama or grandma). It’s cute.
  • He is such a big eater. He eats almost everything we give him (except lettuce, bell peppers, and maybe 1 or 2 other things). He loves food. Especially “teet!” (treats).
  • He likes to climb. Recently learned he can push the kitchen chairs to reach the microwave and fridge. Great.
  • He likes to help me when I’m cleaning, he wants to push the vacuum, push the broom, and help put clothes in the dryer.
  • He follows me EVERYWHERE. Even if Steve is home, when I sneak off to the bathroom or something for 1 minute, he comes searching for me.
  • He just got weaned from his binky! (“Bee-bee”) he was sad for a few days but is over it now.
  • He loves books. Yesterday I found him in the corner of his room in between his book shelf and dresser, and he sat there and looked at his books for almost 20 minutes, which is a long time for him! He loves us to read him books. Favorite books right now: “Elmo”(he has about 4 Elmo books we shift through) “Happy baby” (different baby facial expressions, he just says “ap-py!”), The Tooth Book by Dr. Seuss. He has recently made us start reading the same book to him 3 or 4 times before he wants to move on to a new book.
  • He loves Elmo, Winnie the Pooh “pooh!” and Tigger (tih-tih).
  • Likes to jump off of things (steps, stools, couches, etc).
  • Runs everywhere…but still working on his balance.
  • Loves to play outside and with other kids!
  • Claps for himself and says "yay!" when he does something he thinks is good.
This is mostly for me to be able to remember someday what life is like with a (nearly) 18 month old toddler! There are so many other things he does that I am missing, but I love life with this little guy in our family! (yes, he climbed to this position on the bike).

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

What a cute picture!! Bens does a lot of those things too, it's so fun to watch them grow and learn new things! Cute post.

Southern Belle said...

That is so funny!! Cheyenne started running more recently and when she does she screams "wooooo woooo wooo!!" with a big smile on her face like she is being dangerous, it cracks me up!! TJ and Cheyenne would get along great:)

Kendra said...

so cute. I also enjoyed your PP and seeing all the pics of your family. looks like you guys have really put some work into your ranch!

Julie said...

Cute! He's growing up so fast. Brinley was my biggest climber. She is the reason we put chair leg covers on the kitchen chairs. It helped for a while. Alden likes to scoot his chair over and get in the snack cupboard where he likes to tell me, "I'm doing nothing." or set the timer on the microwave. They could be partners in crime.

amy said...

Gotta love this time! Thanks for sharing!

The Jones Family said...

This is such a fun list! It makes me so excited for Kasey to reach this age! So fun! TJ is adorable.