Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring break!

The first part of our spring break consisted of moving...which was less than exciting. (I don't mind being moved, I just hate the actual process of moving).

The second half of the week was more fun! Steve's brother Justin and Megan's family surprised everyone and made a spur of the moment drive into town from Texas! So fun to see them! And even better because Steve had work off and we now live close!

We went on a hike in Kayenta. Steve and Justin wanted to trail run the hike, so Megan, the kids and I did a slower shorter hike. Our hike barely got us anywhere, but that was because we were hiking in the biggest sandbox the kids had played in! So the kids were more into the sand than into the hike. :)

Such a good cousin! Sarah was so worried about Heber falling on the rocks that she was determined to hold his hand.

Everyone should be proud of me. I totally caught this horney toad for the kids to look at!

Handsome kid. Wish he would've smiled tho :)

Heber is a silly kid. This is right after he dipped his pb&j into the sand to give it a little extra flavor. He ate it all..sand included!

Such dirty kids! Alli was rubbing sand into her hair. They were all a mess. :)

Hugs! Alli is exactly a year older than Heber. They hung out a lot this time! (As much as littler ones do anyways.)  

Megan heard Heber say "nap" when he was laying like this. He is a little creature basking in the warm sun! Literally! So funny :)

Justin and Steve coming in from the run. Good exercise for them!

We did a lot of other fun things over the weekend too.  We are loving the sunny weather here in So Utah!  Perfect 70s to move into. We will definitely enjoy living so close to our families!

4 comments:

Steve said...

I am proud of you for catching that beastly creature! Good job!

Joel said...

Awesome with the catch. Love the nap in the sand. awesome time with family. Joel and Marium

amy said...

I am included in being oh so proud of you. What a mother! Glad you guys had such a great time together.

Em said...

You are the best mom! Im really sorry about this last weekend. I NEED to come down! PS guess whos registering to run with you... :)