We are trying to adjust to another change in life! It is crazy but I was just called to be the Relief Society President in our ward. Yes it is a family ward. No it is not a student married ward. Yes I am only 26 years old. But I guess that doesn't matter because I was called and although it was very hard at first to feel like I would be capable of this calling, I have finally been feeling peace and comfort through it all. It is very, very humbling. I guess I needed a reason to have to stretch myself spiritually and grow closer to the Lord. I was telling my mom if I had guessed my life I would be called into Young Womens or Primary presidency calling around this age of life. I wouldn't have imagined this calling for another 20 years or so (if ever). We have a unique ward made up with a majority of young couples/young families like ours. So I guess especially in this ward age doesn't matter. I think calling my counselors to serve with me was one of the most spiritually challenging things I have ever done. Mostly because it was such a learning experience to truly have to seek answers to sincere prayers. I had a wonderful time going to the temple and searching and praying, and by the next day I felt such complete peace with the ladies that I had chosen. And although we have yet to really get to know each other, I know I have the perfect ones to serve with me! I can already tell they are going to be amazing in their callings! It is great to know how the Lord will send answers to prayers and we just have to trust in Him. I hope I can do this! I loved the blessing I received from the bishop as I was set apart. It definitely gave me extra peace and confidence. I also received a lot of hugs and comments of support in church on Sunday, which definitely meant a lot to me. It felt good to know that people are going to trust and support me in such a big calling! Wish our family luck! I will miss serving in the presidency with Angela (she is an amazing lady and a wonderful friend to me, and a great person for me to follow as the president!) but I am really looking forward to serving with this next group of ladies! Wish me luck and send prayers my way! They will always be needed. :)
5 comments:
Britt, this calling doesnt surprise me one bit. I look up to you and respect you so much in the gospel and I have no doubts the girls in your ward will feel the exact same way. They are lucky to have you! Miss you like crazy! Happy Thanksgiving!
Britt,
I agree with Emily, this calling doesn't surprise me either! You are wonderful and ever since I met you I have always ALWAYS been able to feel of your spirit and love of the gospel. I am excited for the women in your ward and how lucky they are to be served by someone like you. Love you!
Holy cow! It totally surprises me! Haha, not that I doubt your capability or spirituality, but you are so young! Good luck, I am sure you will do great:)
You'll be amazing! You have the faith and spirit to do it, I have no doubt. Good luck & hang in there through the rough times. :)
What an exciting calling! You'll be great! I just recently had a similar experience with a calling in the stake - the Lord defiantly knows what he's doing! You're family is looking so cute by the way!
Post a Comment