I cannot believe how time flies! My little baby is now 6 months old and I can't believe its already been half a year since he was born.
Well here is the dilemma I am now facing. I was able to breastfeed T.J. until he was 1 (which is what the general recommendation is if you are able to breastfeed). But Heber is already seeming to want to give it up. For the last few weeks he has been doing a complete mixture of formula and breastfeeding, which has been fine (sometimes the best of both worlds). But it is starting to stress me out to try and keep my milk when he is starting to eat more and more from a bottle. I am trying to decide if I should keep trying to breastfeed for a couple more months at least, or just give in and go all formula. I should be grateful I have been able to breastfeed at least 6 months, but its just hard to come to terms with possibly quitting this early because I was able to do the whole year with T.J. This is all new to me because this is the first time I have had a struggle with breastfeeding! Up until now it has come so easy.
FEBRUARY 2025
10 months ago






3 comments:
I had the exact same thing happen. I don't know why but I never had enough with Tess and finally had to give up at around 7 months. I went the full 12 with Logan with no problems. I felt bad, and it sucked to buy formula, but I was seriously stressing myself out pumping like every hour or 2 and only getting 2 drops! Do whatever works. I felt guilty at first but then realized that there was no reason to!
I've heard that once you start giving formula, this problem can arise. If it were me, I'd try to back away from the formula and just nurse and feed him solids. Then your milk supply should increase back to normal. This is of course if he'll continue. Some babies just decide on their own when they are done. And if thats the case, theres not a whole lot you can do to force him to nurse. Good luck :)
There are so many benefits to breastfeeding that I would have a hard time giving it up! Although, 6 months is such a good start. I agree with the last comment, though. If you don't offer him formula then he doesn't have a choice! :) Good luck - it's a hard dilema!
Post a Comment