Monday, February 1, 2010

Catch up post

I don't have much time to blog during the day, but Steve is at the school studying right now so I figured it would be a good time to update on some of our activities over the last couple of months!

A CLIMBER

Not surprisingly, our son has turned out to be a climber! We always find him on the couches, chairs, foot stools, and whatever else he can reach and pull himself up to. I had a crafty surge over the holidays and made some Christmas cards, which he decided he wanted to help with. There was no stopping him from getting up here. He could climb back up as fast as I put him down. As a result of this new obsession of his, we have pretty much stopped using the table for everything except eating. Even at that, we have to clear the table instantly after we finish eating. If we fail to clear the table he finds treasures that he loves to explore, which could lead to broken dishes.


MY LIFE LATELY...
...since T.J. learned how to run. This is me chasing after him during some event in a church building. This is what I feel like I must look like 24/7 these days!

CHRISTMAS
We took more videos than pictures over Christmas, so I don't have much to show for it here...

Obviously as you can see though: T.J. is scared to death of Santa. T.J.'s Grandpa Kroff was Santa at the Lefevre Christmas party, and the second he saw us attempting to get T.J. to sit on his lap, he knew it would not go over smoothly. The things we put our kids through just to get a picture. Poor T.J.!
Over the Christmas holiday we spent a lot of time at the Ruesch house. T.J. loved playing with his cousin Colin! Colin is a year older than T.J. and they really seemed to enjoy each other! One day they drove these play cars around the house all day, it was really cute.
Colin and T.J. snuggling up with Grandpa Ruesch!

Okay, so I feel bad that this is my only Christmas morning picture. Like I said, I was recording on our video recorder though, so I forgot to take any pics till after T.J. was already extremely tired and ready for his morning nap. He really did enjoy Christmas morning although this picture would say otherwise.
Steve would probably want me to point out his handlebar mustache that he is wearing in this picture. He was very proud of it, but needless to say (and luckily for me) it only lasted a couple of days!


NEW YEARS
We just kept it simple and had some friends come over for a New Years party this year! John and Holly Lundell and their son Daxton came over, and we enjoyed playing Mario Kart on N64. Our friends the Stocks from our ward also came over, but we forgot to take any pictures until after they had already left. This picture was probably the 6th one we took in our effort of self-timer pictures to finally turn out good! :) Obviously Daxton was more of a trooper for New Years celebration than T.J.!


SMARTER = MORE MISCHIEF
T.J. has recently gotten a surge of understanding about the world around him. Thus, he is always getting into things now! He learned how to open plastic containers with his teeth. So, as he demonstrates in these pictures, he can open a lot more food items and eat them on his own whim if I accidentally leave them in his reach.


DINNER TIME
This is right after dinner, T.J. sits in a booster chair with us at the table now. Except at the very end. When he is full he will do the "all done" sign, so one of us will go and wash his hands and face while the other finishes eating. But the second T.J. is free and clean, he runs right back to the table, climbs onto one of our laps, and likes to finish eating off of our plates if we are still sitting here. Even if he was "all done" just one minute before; it is so funny.

ZION TRIP
Over the weekend we made a little day trip to Zion National Park. It was really pretty seeing it in the winter season with all the snow! Luckily it wasn't as cold as I was afraid it would be.


T.J. loves to run! He is so fun to take places where he is free to explore and run now.

5 comments:

BuNksJuNk said...

Loved the update! TJ's boots are adorable, he already looks like a little adventurer.

-Kyle and Emily- said...

TJ is so adorable! Looks like you had a great holiday season:)

Lindsey said...

I have a climber as well. As least yours doesnt take the kitchen chairs to different rooms and climb to snoop! We haven't used our kitchen table for a couple of months now (except occasionally to eat) becuase we keep all the chairs and stools on top it out of Parkers reach!

Southern Belle said...

I liked this post too:) Cheyenne says the "all done" sign too, but she does it a lot and then she will keep eating, so I never know what to do... I know she is seriously finished when she just begins to throw all the food on her tray on the floor, haha... Now I am glad we have a really tall table so Cheyenne can't crawl up on it. She loves to crawl up on a chair in her room though. TJ is such a cutie and you look great too!!

The Jones Family said...

I can't believe how much TJ is growing! He's so adorable. What a busy little guy! I have a feeling Kasey is going to be the same. Already he's struggling to be good in church. He always wants to be entertained! :)