Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Renovating

I have learned that in order to be a true blogger you must post about at least these 3 things: 1-Family 2-Couponing and 3-Renovations. All that I have done mostly so far is family; I have yet to figure out the whole couponing thing; but yes, I can officially post about our newest renovation! My sister Amy gave us this kitchen table after we got married, and the silver legs have never quite matched the rest of our furniture. We have talked about doing this for a long time (3 years?), and recently my mom was at my house and I mentioned to her "we want to paint the legs of the table black, but we'll see if we ever get around to it..." She then replied "Just do it!" Fine! So we did.
So while the rest of you went on vacations and trips on Memorial Day, Steve and I had fun sanding down and painting our table! (It really was fun :))


Sorry about the junky table in the "BEFORE" pictures. I didn't know I was going to post this on my blog at the time I took them, so just look at the legs to get the full idea. :)


Working hard, sanding and painting!


AFTER: The final project!

8 comments:

Southern Belle said...

BEAUTIFUL!! It looks so much better!! We have a headboard and footboard that plain ugly wood color that I want to sand and paint too, you may just have motivated me to get around to it, but neither Jeff or I have ever sanded and painted anything before so we don't really know what to do...

BuNksJuNk said...

Wow! That looks great. Hopefully Aaron and I will make it to Cedar sometime to see it in person.

And you are well on your way to becoming an official blogger...congratulations! Haha! Your post made me laugh.

Lisa Harradine said...

That turned out AWESOME! Way to go

Chelsi said...

It looks so great! Ironically, I never noticed the metal legs. How great are my observation skills?

Julie said...

Looks good. funny. I haven't posted about couponing and don't think I will but i was recently asked to do a class at church. Wish you were closer. you could have come. GUess I have two out of three so I'm not too far off. :)

Laci Lee said...

Great job. I love the new table :)

Megan said...

It looks awesome and I am super impressed that you guys know how to do all of that! :)

Lindsay said...

Looks great!!!!