Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The time is almost here...

So we have one month left until our baby boy is due, and we are getting excited!! After some awesome baby showers (thanks everyone for your gifts and thoughtfulness!), we decided to start sorting and organizing our things. We stayed up till 1 am a couple different nights sorting everything out and getting everything together! These pictures remind me of Christmas morning, after you have opened all your presents and you have them all laid out around you. :)



Here is the greatest news of all...we found and bought a crib we really really like!! We'll be moving a few weeks after the baby is born, so we are not setting it up quite yet, but we wanted to make sure everything was there and all was well with the crib, so we got it out and looked it over. So it is not put together yet, but this is what it looks like! We love it!

We also found a dresser that will work for kind of a changing table at first for our baby! We bought it used, but we really like it. And best of all, our dresser and our changing table match!! :)So we are extremely excited (and of course nervous too) for this whole new baby thing! It is a lot of fun getting ready for it.

11 comments:

Annie Empey said...

Wow, only a month left.....that's so exciting! Any names picked out?

BuNksJuNk said...

How fun! I had such a great time getting Oli's stuff ready. How sweet that Steve stayed up with you.

Wow! 30 days (and that's if you go full term!) SO exciting! Keep us posted.

Kim said...

Oh that is so exciting! I remember looking at all my stuff spread out over the living room when all my showers were over too - it really is like Christmas! And the crib is pretty! Let the countdown begin...

Southern Belle said...

SO CUTE!!! I wish we could have our babies together!!! Maybe we will go into labor the same day!! You got lots of cute stuff!!! I love your crib and changing table too!! Yay we are almost there, 4 weeks and 1 day (assuming no one decides to stick in the belly longer than they are supposed to!)

Julie said...

Looks like you have a nice haul from your showers! That's great. Not much longer :)

simple mom/wife said...

Looks fun! I feel like I'm there in your apartment seeing it all and being a part . . . thanks for the updates! Love you guys!

Em said...

I love your new crib! Thats so much stuff! Just goes to show how many people love you I guess :) I'm so excited to get to meet this little guy...although I still cant believe its SO soon!

Laci Lee said...

Brit you and Steve are going to be such great parents. I'm so excited for you!

Lacey Jay said...

WOW what a truck load of baby gifts! That's awsome. Isn't so fun sorting everything out! I'm so happy for you guys. You'll be fantastic parents. Don't be too nervous you'll be surprised of how natural things come to you:)

amy said...

if you think it's exciting and fun now just wait, it gets better once he's here!! You guys are both such good, easy going people that parenting is just going to come naturally. Can't wait to meet him and give Ty a little cousin!!

bella utahan said...

how fun for you! Where are you moving to? I am sure those first few weeks will be full of fun new things for you!