Sunday, August 15, 2010

Life lately

I just wanted to post about a few random things we have been up to lately.

DUTCH OVEN
First, about a week ago we went up the mountains with our friends Tom & Mandi and cooked dutch oven dinner together (delicious chicken enchiladas and a very rich chocolate pudding cake dessert). It was so much fun and our boys loved playing outside and got so dirty! We didn't camp (can you blame me? an air mattress at 39 weeks...not enticing)! But our friends did camp and we don't feel too much regret about leaving that night, because they got rained out the next morning! It was fun to get out and be in the mountains with good friends and good food!



I love this picture of the boys. They are all so cute!




AMY MOVING :( :(
We had one last get together with my family that lives close by last week because my sister Amy and her family just moved to Kansas over the weekend.

I had one happy son right here! This is what happens when someone puts the whole plate of hot dogs in front of T.J.!
Well this last week was sort of emotional for me, because my sister Amy moved far far away from me. We have lived a street away from each other since Steve and I moved to Cedar. There were a lot of weeks that we spent time together with our kids on more days of the week than not. So basically, after Steve, Amy has been my best friend here in Cedar. We just always went on walks, to the park, to the library, and wherever else we could think of together. It was really hard to say good bye, because I am so used to having her around! We became closer than we ever had in life before. Since she is 7 years older than me we were always kind of in different stages in life. But both living here, we have been doing the same thing as stay at home moms, and have had a lot of chances to become really good friends. They moved 15 hours away, so we definitely not being seeing them very much! T.J. has grown to love his fun little twin cousins, Hannah and Heidi. He will miss them. He talks about their family all the time.

Here are some memories of our times together over the last (almost) 2 years:
Baking cookies!
Playing with "baby Tyson." The girls eventually had to stop calling him this when he was a toddler who started playing with them. :)

At the little lake here in town.
Here is a classic of the twins: In costumes. They are so funny. They LOVE wearing their dress up costumes all the time. So one day when I was tending them we decided to put T.J.'s halloween bee costume on him. The twins were so excited that he was dressed up with them! :)

HAIRCUT
These next 2 pics are just because I am proud of myself. Guess who gave Steve his haircut? Me! Yep, it was probably like my 4th time attempting to cut his hair, and was the first time I was successful! Every other time has resulted in a buzz. (But he was always fully aware I might not be successful). Anyways thanks to the clippers we got last Christmas and my hair stylist sister Emily tutoring me over the phone, I was finally successful! And I think it looks good. :) He was a little sad when his "luscious locks" were dropping to the ground, but I just have to remind him that his hair grows fast.
Before & After shots!

THE GURRS
Then last night our good friends Chance and Kimi Gurr spent a quick overnighter with us at our house! It was so good to catch up with them and get to meet their adorable little baby girl better! T.J. actually seemed to enjoy having the baby around. I think he thought she was a toy, not a real human though. He kept pulling her binky out and putting it back in, and he just seemed intrigued that she would move around on her own. It was good practice for what he is about to encounter with a new baby brother.
He kept asking to hold the baby. We thought it was fun that their outfits happened to match so well!


And last but not least, my PROJECT!
Redoing this dresser was quite the ordeal. You don't have to read this, I am just venting because it was an ordeal for me. (And I forgot to take a "before" picture, sorry. It was a really bright blue color that I just wasn't that fond of). Amy gave us this before she moved. So I decided to repaint and glaze it. I started like the day after she gave it to us, because I really wanted to get it done before the baby comes (otherwise it'd just take our garage space forever after the baby comes with no time to work on it!) So I started, got about 75% done spray painting, then I ran out of paint. I went to walmart to get more, and the 2 cans that I didn't purchase the day before (just in case I didn't need them) were sold! I was so sad. I searched every possible store in town that might carry the same color and brand, but no such luck. Either they didn't have the brand, or they didn't have the color. I was very frustrated. So the next day my mom ended up buying some for me in the Hurricane walmart, and the plan was to send it up w/my brother on his drive up north. So each day, I was waiting and actually hoping my baby did not come because I needed to finish it! In the end, my brother ended up not driving through. So I was really depressed because that just meant a few more days till I could get the paint and finish it! Which normally would not be a big deal. But I just felt so much pressure to get it done before the baby and he could come any day! Saturday morning rolls around and I got a call from my mom. She decided to make a surprise trip up to Cedar to bring it to me, because she knew how frustrated I had been with everything. It made my whole day! I have the best mom ever. That was just so nice of her. I would have tried talking her out of coming if I would have known, so she decided to surprise me instead. But, needless to say, thanks to my awesome mom I was able to get it done yesterday! Now, there is nothing holding my baby back from coming!! :)


One last thing I just want to write about since its on my mind:
Am I weird because I don't want to be induced if possible? I am not against medical help if its necessary, but I went into labor on my own with T.J. (3 days early) and I really hope to do that with this one too. My due date is in 2 days, and the baby is not here yet. It seems like I have to explain myself to everyone that I don't have a scheduled inducement with this one when I'm only 2 days away. I have read that 40 weeks is just the middle between 38-42 as full term, so it shouldn't be so shocking to go over a little. But it seems like it is more and more uncommon to let your baby come past your due date because it is just so much easier to get induced (well, on your second baby). So anyways, I would love for my baby to come now. I am ready to be done being pregnant. But I just want to avoid getting induced if I don't have to be. Thats all.

5 comments:

Southern Belle said...

oh my gosh, here they are like all about inducing. They will induce you 1 week before your due date, just because you want to. And most doctors wont let you go more than one week over your due date. I was induced the full week after my due date with Cheyenne but the weird thing was that it was an adjusted due date because of the ultrasound. My actual due date from my LMP was 2 days after I was induced... Cheyenne was 7lbs 5 oz, so what if I would have wanted to get induced 1 week before my due date just because? She would have been teeny tiny and who knows if she would have had other problems... inducing went perfectly for me, but I would really like to experience going into labor naturally. I just wait as long as they will let me then I will get induced if they make me. I agree though, it is really weird so many people get induced for no reason these days... especially since your due date is really just an estimate.

Lacey said...

Cute dresser! It looks great.

You are totally NOT weird for not wanting to be induced. It is so common nowadays to just "schedule" your baby. Especially in Utah, for some reason. Being induced increases your chances for more interventions. You are less likely to have a Cesarean if you go on your own. So more power to ya! Sorry about the rant, I guess I am a little more granola than I let on...

Joe, Karli & Claire said...

Holy Cow! I thought you had had him for sure and we just hadn't heard! I feel bad for you! Hang in there and keep us posted! We miss you guys!

kristin said...

i love this update! the dresser looks awesome, steve's haircut is great (i quit doing tyrel's hair because it caused too much stress between us). he looked so different at church today!

i can't wait to meet that little guy of yours - i hope he comes soon. i'll have to come show you some things that might help with starting labor if you want. i'll talk to you tomorrow!

Julie said...

You guys have been busy and having lots of fun! I enjoyed the photos.

I don't think you're crazy. I think a lot of people and drs are too quick to induce- maybe one reason we have a lot of premature births in our country. The dates are never exact for pregnancy and off more times than most people like to admit I would think, at least from those I've talked to when we get sharing stories. :) I always wanted to go on my own but besides my water breaking it just wasn't to be and I had to be induced. The baby will come when ready and unless some concern comes up I would just hang in there. My dr always said similar info, two weekds over is the most he'd let anyone go and that's not a big deal. I'm amazed how many people have induction dates scheduled when they're only in their first trimesters! It's crazy! I wonder if there would be less medications used and easier deliveries if more women would just let the baby come more on their own. I do admit I'm all for a little encouragment from the dr- tugging the cervix or water breaking when it seems right. good luck!